There are several strategies that you can use to optimise the performance of your Google Ads campaigns and maximise your results:
- Set clear goals and KPIs: Define clear goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) for your campaign, and use them to measure the success of your ads. This will help you to focus your efforts on what’s most important and track progress over time.
- Use automated bidding strategies: Google Ads has several automated bidding strategies that can help you get the best results from your campaigns. You would switch from manual to automated bidding when you have 30 conversions per month. Examples of automated bidding strategies are Target ROAS, Maximize Conversion Value and Target CPA. These strategies use machine learning to optimise bids in real-time, making it easier for businesses to get the best results from their campaigns.
- Optimise your ad copy and landing pages: Your ad copy and landing pages are critical for the performance of your campaigns. Make sure that your ad copy is relevant, clear and compelling, and that your landing pages are optimised for conversion.
- Track and analyse performance data: Use Google Ads’ metrics and analytics tools to track the performance of your campaigns and make data-driven decisions. Look at key metrics like clicks, impressions, conversion rate, and return on investment (ROI), and make adjustments as needed to improve performance.
- Use audience targeting: Google Ads allows you to target specific audiences based on demographics, interests, behaviors, and more. Use audience targeting to reach the right people at the right time with your ads
- Use testing and experimentation: Always be testing and experimenting with different ad formats, targeting methods, ad creative and landing pages. This will help you identify what works best and make informed decisions to optimize your campaign
- Keep an eye on industry trends: Make sure to keep an eye on the industry trends and updates from Google Ads, which could help you to optimize your ad campaigns.
It’s important to keep in mind that optimization requires continuous monitoring and effort, so it’s a good idea to have a system in place to track performance and make adjustments as needed to keep your campaigns running at their best. Managing Google ads came take time in the beginning, setting up the tech, building the campaing and them optimising it on a daily basis.
If you are running Google ads with little to no success. Get in touch. I offer account audits and 121 sessions which may help to work out where things have gone wrong.