Google Ads is constantly updating and adding new features to the platform.
Some of the recent updates I know are:
- Responsive Search Ads: Starting 30th June 2022, Expanded Text Ads have been replaced by Responsive Search ads. Responsive search ads let you create an ad that adapts to show more relevant messages to your customers. Enter multiple headlines and descriptions when creating a responsive search ad, and over time, Google Ads automatically tests different combinations and learns which combinations perform best. By adapting your ad’s content to more closely match potential customers’ search terms, responsive search ads may improve your campaign’s performance.
- Smart campaigns: This is a new campaign type that is designed for small businesses. Smart campaigns use machine learning to optimize ads for performance, and offer a simplified interface for creating and managing ads. Pay only when someone clicks your ad or watches 30 seconds of your video ad (or the duration if it’s shorter than 30 seconds), whichever comes first. Minimal ongoing management necessary. Advertise on Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube and Google partner websites. Reach customers in any geographic location that you choose
- Local campaigns: These campaigns are specifically designed to help businesses drive foot traffic to their stores. They allow businesses to target ads to people in a specific geographic area, and they can also be used to promote in-store offers and events. Local campaigns streamline the process for you, making it easy to promote your shops across Google’s largest properties including the Google Search Network, Maps, YouTube, Gmail and the Google Display Network. Just add a few lines of text, a budget, some assets and the rest is optimised to help customers find you.
- Automated Bidding strategies: Google Ads has added several new automated bidding strategies, such as Target ROAS, Maximize Conversion value, and Target CPA. These strategies use machine learning to optimize bids in real-time, making it easier for businesses to get the best results from their campaigns.
- Google Ads App : Google has released an app for Google Ads to allow advertisers to manage their campaigns on the go. This is what I used to monitor all my client Google ad campaigns in realtime.
- Google Discover Ads: Google discover is the feed that appears on the homepage of the Google app and on the Google Discover webpage, Advertisers can now place ads on this feed, which reach a larger audience than the traditional search ads. Discovery campaigns let you share your brand’s story with people across Google’s feeds when they’re open to discovering new products and services. Reach up to 3 billion customers across the YouTube Home and Watch Next feeds, Discover, and the Gmail Promotions and Social tabs using a single campaign.
Please note that these are some of the updates I know, and the platform could have added more recent features and updates. I recommend checking the official Google Ads blog or help center for the latest updates and features.