Here I unveil the secret sauce to a thriving summer advertising strategy for your ecommerce business. As the sun shines brighter and holiday mode kicks in, many businesses contemplate pausing their Facebook and Google ads during the summer months. However, I’m here to show you a smarter approach that will keep your brand shining even in the midst of summer relaxation.
In this article, I’ll explain why reducing ad spend instead of hitting the pause button is the key to unlocking untapped potential for your business during the summer. How maintaining a consistent presence, cost-effective testing, and staying ahead of the competition can make your ecommerce venture sizzle in the summer months. So, get ready to embrace the heat (or rain if you are in the UK) and elevate your advertising game to new heights! Let’s dive in.
- Summer Shopping: While some businesses may assume that people are less likely to shop during the summer, there is still a significant portion of the population that remains active online. Many consumers take advantage of summer sales, travel deals, and back-to-school shopping, making it an opportune time to maintain advertising efforts.
- Less Competition: As some businesses reduce or pause their advertising during the summer, there’s an excellent opportunity for small ecommerce businesses to stand out in the crowd. With less competition in the advertising space, your ads have a higher chance of capturing the attention of potential customers.
- Building Brand Awareness: Consistently running Facebook and Google ads throughout the year helps build brand awareness and recognition. Even if immediate sales don’t skyrocket during the summer, maintaining a presence in the digital space can lead to long-term benefits, such as increased brand loyalty and customer retention.
- Consistent Brand Visibility: Reducing ad spend instead of pausing ads ensures that your brand maintains visibility in the market. Consistency is key in building brand recognition, trust, and loyalty among your target audience. Even with a reduced budget, you can keep your brand in front of potential customers, reinforcing your presence and message.
- Cost-Effective Testing: Summer can be an excellent time for experimenting with different ad creatives, audiences, or strategies. By reducing ad spend rather than stopping entirely, you can still run smaller-scale tests to gather valuable insights and optimize your campaigns. These insights can help you make data-driven decisions and refine your advertising approach for more significant returns in busier seasons.
- Stay Ahead of Competition: While some competitors may pause their ads entirely, maintaining a reduced ad presence allows you to stay ahead in the game. As customer behavior shifts during the summer, you have an opportunity to connect with potential customers who are still active online. By maintaining a presence during this period, you can gain an edge over competitors who are not actively engaging with their audience.
Remember, reducing ad spend in the summer doesn’t mean compromising your advertising efforts; it means strategically allocating resources to maintain visibility, gather data, and continue building your brand’s presence. It’s an investment in the long-term success of your small ecommerce business.
Need help with your ads but don’t want to outsource? Join our free Facebook Group, Ad Answers for eCom.